Thursday, March 5, 2009

Nascar in Vegas

Last weekend was Nascar weekend in Las Vegas. It's a pretty big deal around here. This year I worked the races with my friend, Liz. She works for Sierra Ice and they had the contract for the speedway. Liz and I got the infield section and sold ice to the campers inside the track. I've seen it all now. Campers, toy haulers, trailers, 5th wheels, motorhomes, coaches, tents and even an old houseboat. These folks came to party. Guys came out of the RV's in the morning with beer and OJ & Vodka in the hands, along with coffee. It litterally is a city within itself.
Here a pic of us unloading the trailer Sunday morning. Alan and Keith, Liz and myself. We're all Dunes and Trails members. We helped moves 8 tons of ice that morning, all before 7am.


Here's one of Dale Jr.'s merchandise trailers.


It was a sea of flags with everyone showing their Nascar spirit and Amercian pride.
We spent 4 long days selling ice at the track, most were 11-12 hour days. What a great crowd though. Everyone was happy to be there, smiling and having a great time. I had a good time as well.
Oh yeah, one of our home town boys, Kyle Busch won Sunday's race.

No comments: