Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Riding the Ghost Train

Over the Labor Day weekend we rode the Ghost Train on Ely, NV. We both love trains, they take you back to a simpler time and a much slower pace. I love the sound of the train on the tracks. We took the steam engine to the west, out towards Ruth and the copper mine. It is a 45 minute trip one way so it's a good deal for the price. All our years here in Nevada and this was my first time to ride this train...Timm rode it just a week or so before me on the Martin Man Reunion. (I know what you're asking...where's the post for that adventure? Haven't seen any pictures from that trip yet, when I do there will be a post.)





This route passes thru two tunnels. "Look down and away from the engine." the guide says. The steam and soot have to go somewhere you know.




No comments: