Saturday, December 26, 2009

Crystal leads her first ride


As Trailmaster for Dunes and Trails ATV Club for 2009, Crystal lead the last official ride of the year.  We rode a new area close to home for us called Cottonwood Valley.  We enjoyed wonderful weather on the day we rode.  I actually post-poned the ride a week.  The original date was cold, rainy, snowy and down right miserable.  Thanks to all who showed up to support me...22 riders in all!
We rode from the parking area, south to Good Springs.  Along the way we made several stops including this fabulous view of the Las Vegas Valley.  We enjoyed ice cream and a mini tour of the historic Pioneer Saloon in Good Springs.  On our way back we stopped at a couple of mines, let the riders explore them for a while.  We also stopped at an old house just past one of the mines.  It's an old A-frame cabin tucked up one of the canyons.  Still standing but in much dis-repair.  It's so cool to find stuff like this out there.  We also found some indian petroglyphs near our lunch stop.  No wild burros this trip although we did see a pair of them on our pre-ride.  I got stuck in a snow drift...dang bald tires...most embarrasing for being the leader.  No one made fun of me but I was embarrassed.  Timm came to my rescue and winched me out...my hero.  He was also my backup, giving me support all day.  Thanks goes out to Alan for being my tail gunner, what a great guy.  Timm has lead many rides for the club and I am glad I pay attention to what he does, it really came to good use on this ride.

No comments: