Monday, February 1, 2010

A day ride in Nelson

The girl likes to explore what can I say...and pose apparently.  I love this photo of Cassy...so inquisitive. What a bummer, I forgot my camera on this trip but snapped this photo on my phone. It's at Keyhole Canyon and it had rained just a day or two before we went out so there was still water trickling down the falls. 
This is a broad view of Keyhole Canyon, a cool place in the middle of the desert.  Many people visit this place and Scout troops often camp overnight there.
Ancient ones also found this place of great importance to the survival.  There are petroglyphs all over the place.  I wish I could understand all of it, I can catch some things but most elude me as to the meaning.  Scott took these photos, he called it "Indian Graffiti".
Scott, the RC rock crawler he is, had to try to crawl with his RZR at a place we've nicknamed "Bedrock".  It makes a great lunch stop.
All my guys made laps on a short loop on Chris' bad ass Outlaw.  It is one scary fast machine.  He can pop wheelies in 5th gear in the blink of an eye.
Although Christy didn't make it out that Sunday (still suffering from her wisdom teeth extraction), we had a great day riding.  The weather was awesome and sunny.  It had rained most of the week so there was no dust on the trails making it fabulous for everyone.  We covered some new trails that Timm discovered on the DAT club ride the weekend before...some really cool stuff. 

No comments: